Jeff Bezos Amazon owner slipped to number 2 i. The ranking as her wife claimed quarter of the wealth after divorce, Gates took the top slot
There is hardly any new face or brand that has been added in the list of Richest Person in the World in the last decade but there is always a interesting swapping takes place among the exiting brands and more interestingly the list dominated by American Billionaires. The five richest men in the US are worth a mind-boggling combined $435.4 billion, according to the Forbes 400 ranking of 2019’s richest Americans. And all but one of them made their fortunes in the tech industry.
Reaching on top is hard, maintaining it is even more harder
He used to be at first Place in 2016
- Amancio Ortega is one of the richest men in Europe and the wealthiest retailer in the world.
- A pioneer in fast fashion, he cofounded Inditex, known for its Zara fashion chain, with his ex-wife Rosalia Mera (d. 2013) in 1975.
- He owns about 60% of Madrid-listed Inditex, which has 8 brands, including Massimo Dutti and Pull & Bear, and 7,500 stores around the world.
- Ortega typically earns more than $400 million in dividends a year.
- He has invested his dividends primarily into real estate in Madrid, Barcelona, London, Chicago, Miami and New York.
The mysterious Zara founder was briefly the world’s richest man back in 2015, Forbes reported. He bypassed the then-richest person, Bill Gates, when his net worth peaked to $80 billion as Zara’s parent company Inditex’s stock peaked. But when the stock went back down, Ortega went back to being the world’s second-richest man, a title he gained in June 2015.
Top 8 Richest Person’s in the world 2019
- 1 Jeff Bezos.
- 2 Bill Gates.
- 3 Warren Buffett.
- 4 Bernard Arnault & family.
- 5 Carlos Slim Helu & family.
- 6 Amancio Ortega.
- 7 Larry Ellison.
- 8 Mark ZuckerBerg.
The 5 richest men in the US have a staggering combined wealth of $435.4 billion. That’s more than 2% of America’s GDP.
- The five richest men in the US are worth a combined $435.4 billion, according to the Forbes 400 of 2019.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, is worth $114 billion.
- He’s followed by Bill Gates at $106 billion; Warren Buffett at $80.8 billion; Mark Zuckerberg at $69.6 billion; and Larry Ellison at $65 billion.
- Their combined wealth equals more than 2% of the US GDP, which was $21.34 trillion in the second quarter of 2019.
- The five men are collectively worth about $20 billion more than they were this time last year, when Larry Page occupied the fifth spot instead of Larry Ellison.
Which person shocked you in the list of Richest Person in the World 2019? Share your reckonTweet